Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Vida diaria

Now that my time here is almost done, I might as well give you all a glimpse into my daily life. I didn’t really have a routine until the second week of classes, which was the third week here. I meant to write this last week, but it’s obvious how good I have been about that. It’s hard to believe it’s almost time to leave. This week will be more studying and homework than what I am about to describe, but I will share my ideal DR week.

6:30 AM- I wake up, get dressed, and wait for whoever is in the bathroom. Then, I review my homework for the day until breakfast is ready. After breakfast, I usual have to grab my stuff and go to class right away.

7:45 AM- I leave for class. It’s about a 12 minute walk to Ayula III, so if I’m lucky I will be early. I have to walk around to gate three and show my school ID. There are only three gates and one is only accessible to pedestrians with IDs with the rest of the campus fenced off. It is very regulated and safe with the patrolled gates and gunned guachiman (watchmen) everywhere. 

8:00-9:40 or 10:10 AM- Depending on the day, the end time of my Literature class alternates, but I can never remember the schedule. I just go with the flow because the time on my phone is rarely right anyway. I have a twenty minute break after class to run to the student center, check my email and message, and sometimes grab a snack.

10:00 or 10:30-12:10 PM- Advanced Grammar and Composition always seem too long. There are only so many times you can learn the preterit tense. I decide in the morning when I am going to spend time online, so I either run to the student center after class or go straight home.

12:30 PM- First I have lunch, then do homework, blog, read or nap. La siesta, is really important everywhere except the US. Imagine business closing and people going home to have lunch with their families in our work-a-holic country. Plus, it’s too hot to do anything else.

3:00 PM- I usually try to do something before dinner, either going shopping and doing errands, hanging out with friends, or going to use the internet.

7:30 PM- Dinner time, if this early; like I said, I don’t often know what time it is. Also, I do Insanity with Lina sometime after 6. We’ve been trying to do it early, but it doesn’t always work that way. Before bed I read, relax, watch TV, or do whatever I didn’t do after lunch.

I try to go to bed at 11 or 12, unless I’m going out. Wednesday we go out dancing because it’s ladies night at a lot of the clubs. Almost every Friday and Saturday has been talked about in my blog, so what I do on those days is pretty straight forward. We go out on Friday and Saturday nights and everyone stays out really late on Saturday night…. Or really early, depending on how you look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment